Friday, May 13, 2011

Spring has finally sprung

We've had a few warmer days over the past few weeks mixed in with chilly rainy days. This week the weather has been getting nicer, especially today. It was sunny and warm with a soft breeze. The sort of day that simply begged to be spent outdoors. This week is also the start of summer hours at work. Monday through Thursday has slightly longer days to allow for half day Fridays. Needless to say I made the most out of the afternoon off.

After lunch I took the camera outside to capture the various blossoms with the wonderful light. We have crabapple trees which have been budding this week. There were a few blossoms Wednesday and yesterday. Today they really filled out, there are almost no buds left. The buds are pink but they turn white as they open. The pink crabapple is nice to it has pretty colored blossoms. Unfortunately it has a few dead branches that need pruning.


cIMG_3446

This is one of the pictures I took today, there are more in the set I created on Flickr. Most of the pictures in the set are from today, with three pictures from two weeks ago. I love this time of the year. The warmer days and everything growing is such a mood boost.

11 comments:

K.C. Woolf said...

Gorgeous pictures! :-)

Inger said...

Beautiful photo. I have enjoyed seeing spring flowers in all the blogs today.--Inger

Julie Flanders said...

Great set of pictures! It's a dreary day here today so it was nice to see this taste of Spring. Loved the pink crabapple blossoms, so pretty.

Claire Goverts said...

Thanks all for the comments, I've been enjoying the spring weather along with the other pictures in the blogverse.

Though unfortunately Friday was our last nice day for awhile. Starting Saturday we've had cold damp rainy days. There is some sun/cloud mix in the forecast for this weekend though.

Golden Eagle said...

It's been rainy and damp here, too--I hope the weather clears up where you are!

Lovely photos!

Title Loans said...

I love Spring flowers on trees. That's when you know the season has really arrived! The photo is great- I love that you can still see the detail in the middle of the blossoms. Let's hope the warm weather stays!
Ava

Katie O'Sullivan said...

Beautiful! It's amazing how the rain has made all the blooms so much more prolific this year. It's as if Mother Nature is saying, "sorry about the rain but look at this!"

Unknown said...

Amazing photos, Claire!

Actually stopped to say 'thank you' for your support during my A-Z blogging month. I've created a fun "no strings attached" blog award for you and all of the other awesome bloggers who offered feedback and encouragement.

You can view the award and my thank you note here:
http://the-open-vein-ejwesley.blogspot.com/2011/06/im-back-bringing-love.html

Hope you are well and that I see you around in the future!

EJ

Anonymous said...

I love spring flowers. Too bad they don't last long. Nice pic!

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Looking forward to your game picks for Monday's blogfest!

Claire Goverts said...

@ GoldenEagle - Thank you. It's still been rainy and damp, though we've gotten some warmer sunny days in there to.

@ Ava - Thank you. Yes, hopefully the warm weather will stay for awhile.

@ Katie - Thank you. That's a good way to look at it. In addition to all the blossoms my ferns are doing much better than last year, even in the one spot where they had died back and I figured I'd try again.

@ EJ - Thank you for the award, that was really nice of you. I'll have to put it up on my blog soon.

@ LB - Thank you. Spring flowers are wonderful and it would be nice for them to stick around longer, especially the blossoming trees. Though at least I've got some other plants which will be blooming through the summer and fall.

@ Alex - Thanks for stopping by. I'm looking forward to the blogfest, I decided on the three games I want to blog about. Now to finish that draft post so I can schedule it for Monday.