Tuesday, December 20, 2011

If you could live anywhere...

If you could live anywhere where would you choose?

I was thinking about this the other day after talking about a close topic at my work place holiday party. For me I would love to live in the mountains near a lake. I've always been fond of mountain scenery and I would love a place off the beaten path a bit. I could envision myself sitting on the back deck in my pajamas enjoying an early morning cup of coffee while watching the sun rise over the surrounding peaks and listening to the birds and other wildlife. Long vision is long.

I grew up in a small town, a mile from Lake Erie. I lived in a house on a small side road with woods and fields directly behind the yard. With the spacing between us and one neighbour and a privacy wall on the other our back deck was a nice quiet spot. When I would be home on college breaks mom and I would have our morning coffee on the back deck. On days off I love bumming around in my pajamas for awhile.

Not that we were antisocial or anything. There was also a nice front porch to sit out on and say hi to our neighbours. Where I live now there are some really friendly people. It's fun going out walking and chatting with everyone. I do like having the option of backyard for quiet time and front yard for being social.

For my mountain retreat the Adirondacks are the spot I have in my minds eye. They are in upstate NY and have many lakes. At least they are in the same state as me. Sometime I would love to rent a cabin up there for a week.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I would also love to own a lake house someday. However, in my fantasy I'm writing in front of a picture window with a beautiful view of the lake and surrounding mountains. Lets keep our fingers crossed that someday we'll accomplish this goal. Wishing you a blessed New Year.

Mike said...

If I could move back to the San Juan Islands or somewhere coastal in Washington State I'd do it in a heartbeat. Mountains and volcanoes rising right out of the ocean, sub-arctic rainforests... loved it!