Monday, April 8, 2013

H is Hope

Whispers of Hope

Evening stretches into night
Another phase of the moon slips by
Awake I lie
Whispers in the heavy darkness
"Is this time my Hope?"
Whispers heard only by me.

More evenings, more nights
Darkness mixed with whispers.
Times missed, whispers still asking.

Whispers answering
Internal apple seed.
Is that you, Hope?

Picture on the dark screen.
Little girl now whispering.
Yes it is me.
I've been waiting for you.

_
I'm using a poem I wrote awhile back. When I was thinking of H coming up I just had to use this.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Well, even if it is an old poem, it's wonderful!

MadelineAnn said...

It's lovely! I wrote a poem about hope once, but thankfully I lost it. I was very negative about hope, saying you could rest when there was no hope, it was very tiring. I prefer your take on it, you're obviously not as gloomy as I was !!

Unknown said...

Stopping by for the challenge and I really liked your poem. Keep up the good work.

Gwen Gardner said...

A very lovely poem about hope!

Unknown said...

It's really wonderful and very appropriate for the word!