Thursday, April 25, 2013

V is for Vow


I vow to you daughter of mine
To be there in good times and tough times
When you are well, and when you are sick.
When you are giggling happily with glee
When your face is scrunched with tears
When we are awake during the day
When you need me during the depths of night
I make this promise to you, daughter of mine
I know your needs will be many
And I will have to arrange around them wants of mine
But joy and love you bring
Daughter of mine
In the deapths of the night
In the light of day
Your many moods, our many joys
Growing changing,
Excited in your new skills.

-
Adults make vows to each other, but what about to a baby, a totally dependent human being? That got me thinking about writing something like this.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I think it's a wonderful vow to make to your daughter. I hope you share it with her.