Thursday, March 17, 2011

30 days of all things good: Spring

Via Kerry Schafer's blog I decided to join in on her 30 days of all things good. Starting today I'm going to post daily about something I'm grateful for.

I’m grateful for spring. Right now the bulbs in my garden are just starting to break the surface of the earth, days are getting longer, it’s getting warmer, and it’s simply a joy to be outside again. The air has that early spring fresh smell. It's not the floral scent that is in the air from later in spring when the flowers are blooming. I could go on more about spring, but I have already blogged about it in a previous post.

So what are you grateful for?

4 comments:

Kittie Howard said...

With the world as it is, I'm grateful for your post and the bright smile it brought. Thirty days of nice things, yes, we all need this. Thank you!

Claire Goverts said...

Your welcome, and I'm glad me post brought a smile. It is a good idea Kerry had for the 30 days.

Kerry Schafer said...

Yay! So excited that you are playing along with All Things Good! I too love the spring - I'm still waiting for it though. It snowed today.

Claire Goverts said...

I'm glad you are doing all things good, I'm having fun with it. I did need a good pick me up, so your timing was great.

We had temps just break 60 this week, and today is in the mid 30s. I'm sure we'll probably get some more snow and or another frost before we are truly into spring. I'm waiting to take the fall leaves off of my strawberry plants. The warm up and the plants starting to grow are nice though.