Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Gearing up for A to Z

I feel bad for neglecting my blog for a little while, it's been a rough few days.

But at any rate I had a wonderful idea for a theme for my A to Z posts. I had been planning on general writing related posts (which I mentioned over on KarenG's blog post). I got to thinking some more after that and thought it would be fun to do psychological topics as they could relate to writing. Things like emotions, personality archetypes, and such. I might not be able to fit that theme for every letter, but I'm going to see how many will. And it helps that my list of topic brainstorming falls partly in that direction.

And talk about timing. After I had decided on my theme I was browsing through my dashboard and saw this post on using Myers-Briggs for characters by the Plot to Punctuation blog. I recommend reading that post it has some good advice. It was nice to read that, now I don't feel so weird for having taken the Myers-Briggs test as my characters. I think it's even a field in the characters table in my writing database.

Not that this is related to the rest of the post at all, I just want to share. The Bronx Zoo Cobra is on twitter. I was literally laughing out loud at some of the tweets.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Interesting post. I'll be sure to check out the M.B. for characters blog.

Angela Ackerman said...

Sounds like a great slant for the A tp Z challenge--looking forward to it!

Angela @ The Bookshelf Muse

Julie Flanders said...

Hi Claire! I just discovered your blog through the A-Z links and I think this sounds like a great idea for posts. Looking forward to reading, good luck!

And I laughed at the Cobra twitter too! :D

Claire Goverts said...

Andrea - Thank you. The MB for characters is a longer post, but it had some good examples of how helpful it can be to type ones characters.

Angela - Thank you. While it means figuring out new ideas for some of the letters I'm excited about the topic. I ended up going through the indexes of some of my psych text books tonight.

Julie - Hi. Thank you, I'm looking forward to seeing what I can come up with for the topic and what other participants blog about to.

The Cobra Twitter feed was great, it'll be interesting to see what they do with it now that the snake has been found. (Good thing they found her).