Monday, March 21, 2011

30 Days of all things good: Creativity

Writing isn't the only creative thing I do, and I'm sure other writers also have other ways of expressing their creativity. In addition to writing I like to make jewerly, draw, digital art, and photography. To me there is such a joy in the creative process no matter what media I'm working in. Plus sometimes to doodling in a notebook or taking some pictures is a good way to move past a part I'm stuck in for a writing work in progress.

One of the things I like about the jewerly is most projects I can finish in an evening and have something complete to enjoy. I like to bead while watching TV, and then I have a new necklace to wear to work the next day. I do tend to look at my jewerly as wearable art. When I look at the necklace, or whatever other piece I have the memory of the time spent making it and that brings a smile to my face.

With the digital art, I've been playing with the Flame Painter, an online painting tool. The Eagle's Aerial Perspective blog posted about it Saturday and I've been having fun with it.

Here's one of the paintings I made:





What creative things do you enjoy?

3 comments:

Golden Eagle said...

I find doing creative things can help me get through times when I'm stuck as well. I love sketching/doodling, although recently I've found there's a lot to be done digitally.

I'm glad to hear you've been having fun with the program! I love the painting you made. :)

Deirdra A. Eden said...

Hey Claire,
I love your site and as I browsed your blog I decided to award you the Fantastic Fantasy Award.

Go to http://astorybookworld.blogspot.com/p/awards.html and pick up your award.

~Deirdra

Claire Goverts said...

Eagle - I'm glad you shared the link, I've been having fun with the flame painter. Digital is nice for art, It's handy not to run out of ink or replace brushes.

Deirdra - Thank you so much for the blog award :)