Tuesday, August 23, 2011

News: "I'm a riddle in nine syllables" +1

I know, my poor blog has been neglected as of late. I've had a lot going on and not much energy in which to do it. But I have good news to share. I'm pregnant, I'm expecting my first child in February of next year. I just started my second trimester earlier this month. I've gotten through the worst of the nausea and my energy level is starting to return.

I am planning on easing back into blogging soon. I miss reading other blogs and taking the time to write out posts for mine. I'm guessing blogging should be a little easier to do once I'm back on regular hours at work. This is the last week of summer hours, which means working longer Monday through Thursday to have a half day on Friday. I'll miss the half days but I'm looking forward to being done at 4pm again the rest of the week.

I am also thinking about posting the occasional piece of flash fiction. I figure writing time will be scarce once baby is here, and this will be a good time to exercise the ol writing muscles now with some short sprints. I can leave the more complex novel revision preparation for some time later.

And yes, the title of my post is from Sylvia Plath's "Metaphors" poem.


 BabyFruit Ticker

5 comments:

~Claire~ said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! Being a mommy is the best experience in the entire world!! I think it's a great idea to write a little something fun to keep your skills honed. I hope the rest of your pregnancy is queasiness free :)

Claire Goverts said...

Thank you. Even with the various symptoms this is an exciting time.

Keena said...

Congrats on the baby!! I know you have to be super excited. I hope you have an easy pregnancy and easy delivery. Keep us posted on your progress. Glad to have you back. You have been missed.

Julie Flanders said...

Congratulations, Claire!! That's wonderful news! Best wishes to you, and I hope the symptoms will ease soon.

Claire Goverts said...

Keena - Thank you. This is the first time I've ever been pregnant, so far everything has been pretty normal.

Julie - Thank you. The nausea and fatigue have been fading. So long as I snack frequently my stomach is pretty good.