Sunday, November 5, 2017

ADD - hyperfocus

With attention deficit disorder comes hyperfocus. At least for me. When engaged properly this can be a powerful tool for productivity.

Fairly recently I realized that it is also a way for my overactive mind to let out some of that extra mental energy. Which in turn helps my mood. This isn't only a productivity asset but a necessary outlet for me. Writing is a hyperfocus activity for me, and I'm feeling the positive impact on my mood since writing daily for national novel writing month.  

1 comment:

Geo. said...

Your efforts are positive and laudable. Although I've never been inclined to write a novel, I have found some satisfaction and stability in writing poetry and historical articles for magazines in the past. With the onset of internet, I can write humor, philosophy and poetry on my blogs and enjoy the focus and rewards it brings. One can go where one wants and write as one wishes here. Writing and composing thoughts has, over the years, become a habit without which I might not recognize myself. Personal essays, such as you so ably produce, encourage me --and all who have dealt with mood disorders. Thank you.